Rising energy prices and resource scarcity continue to dominate day-to-day business in the ceramic industry. In these times, Eirich offers a varied range of solutions on the path to a climate-neutral future. The traditional company regards the energy and technology transformation as an opportunity and is keen to face the new challenges head-on.
Hardheim, April 2022: As a very energy-intensive industry, the ceramic industry is particularly shaped by the energy transformation that is currently under way. Consequently, this industry is particularly dependent upon competitive and sustainable production methods. It is closely interlinked with almost every branch of industry. For many decades Eirich has offered top technologies for the preparation of raw materials and compounds in the ceramic industry. At this year’s CERAMITEC – the world’s leading trade fair for the ceramic industry – Eirich will be presenting innovations and technologies that are designed to enable more cost-effective production despite the ongoing rises in energy prices. Here, the solutions from Eirich focus on ways to reduce energy costs and energy-related CO2 emissions. Only processes that offer an advantageous energy balance will be able to establish themselves in the long run, and in the challenge to meet these goals, hydrogen is currently favored as the primary energy source of the future. “If we are to make a success of implementing the energy transformation, this can only be done with the aid of efficient, high-quality, and environmentally sound preparation processes. With our solutions, we want to contribute to this process and highlight new ways for this important industry that will enable manufacturers to save energy and produce more cost-effectively,” says CEO Stephan Eirich. For the family-run company, digitization is another important topic. “The optimization of production processes and intelligent networking of production lines are important steps on the path to greater efficiency and sustainability. They create flexible production structures, which are incredibly important in such a dynamic market.”
This year's CERAMITEC trade fair offers a glimpse of the range of machinery, systems, and lines available from Eirich, as well as providing insight into the company’s skills and competence in all areas of technical ceramics:
- High-performance preparation units for technical ceramics – the fastest growing field in the industry. The rising demands placed on specialist ceramics products require innovative solutions and strict compliance with regulations on material purity. This makes Eirich mixers the number one choice for the preparation of oxide and non-oxide ceramics or for composite materials. In the new CleanLine C5 laboratory mixer, these special methods can be trialed under a hygienic atmosphere. The new mixer can handle all the basic operations of homogenizing, granulating, plasticizing, cooling, and heating, as well as suspension and reaction processes. And all this in just a single machine. Quick and easy upscaling of the Eirich principle to production scale offers plenty of freedom to develop new ceramic products.
- Boosting energy efficiency and saving resources with the Eirich EcoPrep® method, which produces high-quality and cost-effective pressed granules for tiles and delivers up to 60 percent energy savings compared to wet processing systems, as well as reducing the amounts of raw materials and additives that are required in the process. With this, Eirich offers an eco-friendly alternative for preparation technology.
- Eirich MixSolver® dispersion and dissolving technology significantly reduces preparation times. Slurries prepared using this method can be processed immediately after the hybrid mixing process.
- Competent advice on the preparation of all types of compounds and all consistencies, including mixing, pelletizing, granulating, kneading, drying, and fine grinding, as well as on the preparation of compounds for dry pressing, moist pressing, isostatic pressing, extruding, die casting, slip casting, and film casting.
- For advanced applications: EvacMix® for Ex-protection, hot mixing etc. These units make it possible to re-dry mixtures containing water or solvents in the mixer / kneader, including under vacuum or in Ex-proof applications.
- With digital solutions from Eirich, companies can implement new ways to control and organize the entire value creation chain. In the era of Industry 4.0, automation, optimization of production processes, and intelligent networking of lines/systems boost both efficiency and sustainability. This allows Eirich to offer its customers even better service and barrier-free accessibility with the latest technologies – all from a single source.
CERAMITEC 2022 – the world’s biggest international trade fair for machinery, equipment, lines, processes, and raw materials for the ceramics industry and for powder metallurgy – will take place from June 21-24, 2022 in Munich. The Eirich stand can be found in Hall C1, Booth 301.
Contact person: Markus Walter, Team Leader Sales, firstname.lastname@example.org